Who We Are
Consisting of portfolio managers, security analysts, investment advisors, and other financial professionals, we promote ethical and professional standards within the investment industry, encourage professional development through the CFA Program and continuing education, facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the local investment community and beyond, and work to further the public's understanding of the CFA designation and investment industry.
ACFA Society Austria was founded as the 101st member society of CFA Institute (formerly AIMR) in March 2001 under the label ASIP (Austrian Society of Investment Professionals). At this time, our society had 13 members mainly portfolio managers and financial analysts. In August 2005, in line with the name change of AIMR into CFA Institute, our societies members agreed to change the societies name into CFA Austria. At the time the society was founded, following goals where set:
- increase the knowledge of the public about the CFA Program
- yearly newspaper-article about the new CFA charterholders
- ceremony for the charter-recipients with an international guest speaker events concerning important recent topics
- sharing information between members
- introduction of comprehensive continuing education program
- "Code of Conduct" for financial analysts EU Investment Directive and other relevant law-changes GIPS - Global Investment Performance Standards
- continuing education of members, society, press and future CFA-candidates organization of seminars with guest speakers for continuing education
- "Seminar in a Box" - a standardized speech for financial analysts "CFA Candidate Prep-Courses"
- society ethics "Code of Conduct" for financial analysts